The Home Preservation program is a program through Habitat that assists homeowners in projects to improve the livability of their home and preserve the asset of the house. By offering home improvements for a low cost, the program will help preserve and ensure safe, decent, and affordable housing in our community.
Typical projects include ramps, exterior painting, simple repairs.
- The home must be the applicant’s primary residence, located within the West Tuality service area and the homeowner must live in the house.
- Total gross household income for all residents over age 18 must fall between 30-80% of the median household income for Washington County to be eligible.
- Homeowners insurance and property taxes must be up-to-date.
- Family members are expected to work alongside Habitat volunteers while the repairs are being done. Don’t worry, no construction experience necessary!
- Habitat will review the repair list and job costs with the homeowner, for their approval of all costs, before work begins.
- A sliding scale will determine the direct cost for families who participate. The family will be responsible for a portion of the actual cost of repair from a sliding scale based on income and this will be repaid to Habitat.
For more information on this program, you can contact our office at 503-359-8459 or by e mail at executivedirector@westtualityhabitat .org