West Tuality Habitat for Humanity – Forest Grove, OR 97116
$35,000 – $65,000/year
Come be part of an energetic team in a dynamic organization with a mission to make the world a better place. Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live and housing poverty and homelessness are eliminated. We believe that the home is a key catalyst in helping to permanently break the cycle of poverty.
West Tuality Habitat for Humanity was founded in 1991. A small, all-volunteer-run organization for 25 years, it began growing rapidly in 2008, and has nearly doubled since 2013. Some development tasks and processes have been well developed, others have yet to be started. This is an opportunity to help craft the development department of your dreams. Come, help take us to the next level!
The Opportunity: Report to the Executive Director. This is a full time, salaried, exempt position. Office hours are varied; night and weekend work are frequent.
- Our office is located on a 2nd-story walkup. It is a busy, dynamic environment with shared space rather than private offices.
- We build and repair homes throughout our service area of western Washington County (west of Hillsboro.) Many events and activities occur at these job sites.
- We network and collaborate with other agencies including other Habitat for Humanity affiliates. Some overnight travel out of area will be required. Some international travel opportunities may arise, but are not required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual Salary $35,000 – $65,000 DOE, qualifications and ability to meet or exceed objectives;
- Employer-paid health care coverage for employee, ability to add family members at own cost;
- Paid sick and vacation;
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
West Tuality Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsibilities: You will lead the development team. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Annual Development Plan and Goals: in collaboration with the E.D., author the annual development plan and devise a work plan to achieve the identified goals.
- Donor Relations: manage the process to identify, qualify, and cultivate major donors; create and execute cultivation/move plans; manage donor communications of all types.
- Corporate Relations: build relationships, develop opportunities and sponsorships.
- Grants: Research funding opportunities, develop targets, build relationships with funders, coordinate grant writing among team members;
- Events: help design annual event schedule and objectives, manage cultivation and sponsorship aspects of events, provide direction and training to event teams which include volunteers;
- Annual Giving: lead the annual campaign, develop a recurring-gift program, develop campaigns such as Giving Tuesday, World Habitat Day, and others as appropriate;
- Manage the development components of initiatives and activities such as Women’s Build, Faith Build, Builders Blitz, and others.
- Be an effective advocate for the mission and values of West Tuality Habitat for Humanity as we work to empower and shelter those we serve.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of progressively-responsible development and gift work.
- Proven track record of securing visits with donors, and soliciting, closing, and stewarding gifts and sponsorships in the $1,000+ range.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve goals.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, to listen, and an unusual capacity to engage, inspire and persuade.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and able to balance priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, email, and general office systems.
- A personal vehicle for business-related travel, valid driver’s license, current insurance, and a good driving record.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in donor management or CRM software
- Past Habitat for Humanity experience of any type is a plus.