We need some volunteers to help with our house building program !!
As we proceed forward with our current housing project underway at 19th Street and Oak Avenue in Forest Grove, we have a continual need for volunteers to help work on these houses. We have several specific projects that we need to attend to as soon as possible, and we could use some help.
- We need to paint the sheeting on the houses to help them weather the winter weather. We need to paint the sheeting on 3 houses.
- We need to tape and mud the drywall in house # 2. Tri, and millwork, and flooring come next.
- House # 3 is in the process of having the second story walls put up and we are hoping to get the roof trusses on soon. Experience with rough carpentry and framing could help us out here.
- House # 4 has the roof sheeting completed and will soon be shingled.
- House # 5 is waiting for the electricians to do the rough in electric, and for the rough in plumbing to be completed.
Everyone has experience in painting, and we can show you show to tape and mud and sand drywall in a short period of time. We are needing people with electric and plumbing skills.
Work days at the build site are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm, or longer if you want.
You can contact our Construction Volunteer Coordinator Dick Kroll at 503-351-5347 or e mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule a time to volunteer your skills in helping build these homes for deserving families in Western Washington County.